01 March 2006

Nanette - Bassett d'Artois - *ADOPTED!*

NANETTE - *ADOPTED!*

Nanette is a female Bassett d'Artois, 8 years old. She is traumatised following ill treatment but nevertheless she is a very gentle dog. She needs to get her confidence back but she has absolutely no aggression. She needs a loving kind home with a patient owner willing to give her back her confidence and then she will repay it a thousand fold.

Nanette est une femelle croisée beagle de 8 ans. La maltraitance qu’elle a subit l’a laissé traumatisée, mais elle est une chienne très douce et sans aucune agressivité. Nanette a besoin de retrouvée de la confiance en elle. Elle a besoin d’une famille sympathique et un maître prêt à l’aider à retrouvé sa confiance. Elle vous récompensera votre amour 1000 fois.

Nanette in her new home

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nanette is BEAUTIFUL !

Am following her story closely every day, just shows what patience, love & kindness can do .

Anonymous said...

NANETTE.... Nanette makes slow progress ....She has been with me about 7 weeks now.... she is still very afraid of the outside world and will not yet accept rewards from my hand.... but she wants to please and little by little, she dares to go a little further each week. She says to me.... 'Thankyou David for the care you gave her in the refuge' Love Jil, Nanette

Anonymous said...

NANETTE.....We have been together 4 months now.... Nanette and I..... she eats aand drinks in my presence now....Walks with me on a lead for 40 mins to an hour per day in a quiet part of town. She gives a slight wag of the tail quite often and enjoys meeting my regular students. There's a long way to go but we have come a great distance already..... Very Brave Dog!!

Anonymous said...

....Nanette walked into centre ville, Vence this evening.......this was the first time. We sat in a cafe with friends. She was a little nervous but was interested in the other dogs and watched everything going on around her....She is a very obedient and very BRAVE DOG.Now I know for sure, she will recover and learn to enjoy life....Jil

Anonymous said...

Hello David...Nanette has been with me 6 months and this is my last post here. Nanette walks in town now, crosses roads, follows me through busy thoroughfares, and lies beside me in the cafe when I take an aperitif in the evening. She has overcome her fear of the forest and walks every morning early for an hour with me in the quiet part of the town.....she sniffs and leaves her little messages for her friends just like a 'normal' dog. Nanette may never be entirely 'normal!!' but she has demonstrated extraordinary courage and trust in me.......we have become one heart, one mind and maybe even one soul.....There will be a book about her recovery....look out for 'Nanette, Very Brave Dog'.....Good luck !!